 |
| Garden of Memorial, St Marys Church, Lutterworth |
I think these are some of the best photographs I’ve managed to extract from the FED 1 camera thus far. High bright Summer light, focussing on colour as much as form, although taken well away from the classic ‘Golden/Blue Hours’ so not much in the way of sky to trouble the FujiColor 200 film. Typically softish contrast from the Industar 10 lens has given everything a lovely ‘vintage’ look, pin sharp and high contrast these ain't!
 |
| A late Summer walk with heavy rain approaching near Lutterworth |
So for the most part I'm really pleased with the new improved FED, although I've noticed that uneven exposure across the frame remains something of an issue. Perhaps a tenth of the frame on the left (or top with portraits) is noticeably lighter, but only really apparent on images where there's a lot of light sky (I think there's a hint of it on the image above for example). I suspect this may be a problem with the fastest shutter speed, 1/500th on the FED, which probably requires a slight tweak to the tension on one of the curtains. Given that I tend to shoot the FED in the 1/60th to 1/200th of a second range, unless it's really bright and I'm struggling to stop down the aperture enough, I'll probably let it go for now.
 |
| Class 37 Diesel Locomotive at the privately owned and rarely open Gotherington Station on the Gloucester Warwickshire Railway |
 |
| Toddington Station Footbridge on the Gloucester Warwickshire Railway |
 |
| Curve Theatre, Leicester |
 |
| Fairground Ride at the Rutland Garden Show |
 |
| Town Hall, Lutterworth |
 |
| Corby Rail Station Lamp Post |
 |
| Bell Tower for St Frances Cabrini Church in Bedford |
 |
| Class 24 Diesel Locomotive approaching Gotherington Station |
 |
| Street Art, Southampton Street, Leicester Cultural Quarter |
No comments:
Post a Comment