Thursday, July 2, 2026

Oundle Vintage Festival 2026

Taking a Vintage Camera to a Vintage Festival has a a nice symmetry to it don't you think. It certainly saves the bother of having to dress for the occasion, although I was in fact wearing vintage Donegal Tweed.

I wasn't the only one who felt this way. On the walk into the town centre where all the vintage shenanigans were taking place I passed a chap with something vintage hanging around his neck, definitely an old film camera of some sort, a nice looking machine that we were both in too much of a hurry to swap notes on. Sadly that was it for the day, no war-era Leica's, nothing noticeably Twin Lens, in fact very few cameras at all. I feel the organisers have missed a trick here, Vintage Vehicles and Lindy Hopping are all well and good, but let's see a few Large Format photographers crouched under Dark Cloth and fiddling with ancient Mahogany and Brass Cameras next year.

We've been to this event before so I knew it would present good opportunities for photography. Good crowds and plenty to see, but not so busy as to make fiddling with a Rangefinder difficult. Here are some of the results from the Balda Baldessa 1a loaded with Kodak Kodacolor 100.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment